Screen Printing FAQ
Screen Printing FAQ's
What are the artwork requirements?
Artwork is a very important part of getting your shirt done just the way you want it. Great artwork = a great shirt. There are many types of files we can work with, but the files that will provide the best quality for printing are vector files.
- Vector Files: Adobe Illustrator (.ai, .eps), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
Also acceptable are high-resolution bitmap images. With these types of files, we recommend at least 300dpi.
- Bitmap or Raster Files: Adobe Photoshop (.psd), JPEG Images (.jpeg, .jpg), TIFF Images (.tif)
If you’re file doesn’t meet these requirements we can help. For an small charge, our designer can work with your image to prepare it for printing.
What are your order minimums?
When ordering screen printed apparel, it’s important to keep in mind that the cost of printing goes down as the quantity of shirts goes up. That means that big orders are a lot more cost effective for you. Our minimum order for screen printed apparel is 10 pieces (of each design).
How do I keep my price down?
- Prices per shirt go down as quantities go up, so increase your order to save money.
- The apparel you choose to print your image on will have an affect on your overall price. Apparel available ranges from economical to premium, so be sure to choose something within your budget.
- Try to keep the number of print locations low. Instead of printing something on the front AND back of the shirt, just choose one location.
- The number of colors being printed on your shirt greatly affects the price. If you’re printing a 6 color image, but can get the same results with just 3 or 4, that will help decrease your final price.
How much are your set up fees?
All set up fees are included in your pricing. There are no fees in addition to the quote.
Can I mix and match shirt styles?
Absolutely! As long as you are printing the same design on all of the apparel, you can mix and match the style of shirt. For example, if you are printing a 1 color design on 24 pieces of apparel you can print on 8 t shirts, 8 tanks and 8 hoodies.